Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fun in the Sun...


Sooo sorry for the delay! The few blog fans that I do have are on me about updating more often. I've been busy with work (which is good) but I really need to make it a habit of updating this thing at least once a week. Just don't know exactly what to write about. I would love to know what you'd like to read about, so leave a comment with suggestions. 

Last time I blogged I was in sunny Sarasota. The Ringling Arts Festival was interesting...to say the least. I didn't know what to expect at all, so I ended up being surprised by some of the shows. I visited the Ringling Estate and was overwhelmed by the gorgeousness of the home, which was modeled after Venetian architecture. The mini circus was incredible and extremely detailed. Didn't see any real circus people tho. I will be sure to partake in the circus offerings the next time I visit. 

The highlight for me was seeing Mikhail Baryshnikov there. He played Carrie's boo, Aleksandr Petrovsky, in Sex and the City. He was a festival sponsor. 

 















I also enjoyed a few good restaurants like The Bijou Café.  The cuisine is a mix of French, South African and American. The duck and piri piri shrimp were bomb! Try it if you're ever in town. 

I fit in some me time with my mom as well. She drove down to join me for a show and spent the next day with me. We walked up and down Lido Beach and got some sun and just caught up. We also explored St. Armand's Circle, which has lots of cute boutiques, restaurants and cafés. She gifted me with a cute straw purse and lunch and cocktails at the historic Cuban spot, The Columbia Restaurant. Oh how I love my mom! 

















I can't forget about my visit to the Jungle! Well not exactly...we went to Jungle Gardens and actually got up close and personal with a few feathered friends...real live flamingos (which scared me a little) and lots of Toucan Sams. It was hot as hell but I'm glad I got to experience. 
















Can you see how close Pinky was to me?































Overall, Sarasota was a nice getaway! I expected lots of old people, and there were but I found more to the town than that. I'd be down to visit again and do some more exploring. 

















Sunkisses to you all...Tam


0 comments:

Post a Comment